Interested in being Lifeguard this summer?
The water safety team is the largest department at Deep River Waterpark. They are entrusted with the responsibility of insuring the safe operation of the waterpark’s rides and attractions and to enforce the rules and promote a safe experience for the patrons.
New this season...we are now a StarGuard Elite facility!
This means that we are taking training and safety to a new level.
Applicants must meet the following prerequisites:
• be at least 15 years old on 5/24/24
Candidates must also pass these minimum water skills screening to validate swimming ability and endurance at a level that is appropriate for the in-water course work required of the candidate:
▪ swim 50 yards/meters without stopping
▪ swim 50 yards/meters with a rescue tube across the chest
▪ tread water for one (1) minute without use of the hands
▪ retrieve weighted object off the bottom (minimum 10 lbs./ 4.5 kg)
All Water Safety Team members must also successfully complete waterpark training, covering skills specific to this facility.
Feel that you are not a strong enough swimmer?
You could still be a Slide Attendant... apply here
...and there's some benefits...
• Free Waterpark admission for employee on days off + one guest!...friend, family, you name it!
• Discounted food while working
• Uniforms provided FREE
• Paid Trainings (Including guards as long as you pass the pre-course)
• Employee discount in Surf Shop
• Flexible Scheduling
• "Employee of the Week" recognition program
• Employee events
• Lifeguards receive a Star Guard Elite certificate after the season ends,
so you can lifeguard elsewhere in the future. For 15 year olds your certificate is site specific to Deep River Waterpark.
Starting wage for lifeguards is $14.00 per hour.
Hopefully you are still interested and if so, please complete the form below. Please note, this is not an application (which you will have to complete before training starts), this form is just to let us know your interest, so we can contact you and let you know when the pre-course sessions start.
March Lifeguarding course
• Precourse 3/9/24 - 2:30pm-4:30pm
(Arrive anytime after 2:30pm and before 4pm)
• All are welcome. Please bring bathing suit and towel
• Hobart Middle School, 36 E 8th St, Hobart, IN 46342
Enter thru door 17